|Pentametric Battery Monitor|
Cat. No. AEE-28.001
The Pentametric monitor measures 1 or 2 battery systems with a common
negative. With one battery system, battery current plus two charging
sources/loads can be measured.
The new PentaMetric battery monitor system offers a lot more capability
than the TriMetric monitor. The complete system consists of 3 parts:
input unit (near batteries), display unit (shown here) and computer
interface unit. It can monitor up to 3 shunts: For example; measure
total solar input and wind input independently in addition to
monitoring battery “state of charge”. You can access the data with
display unit (shown above) with LCD display and buttons up to 1000 feet
from batteries. An optional computer interface with Windows software
allows you to control and read out all data from the computer. It has a
relay output to control a generator or external alarm and it has
audible and visual alarms for high and low battery conditions.
Basic measurements include:
• 2 voltage channels: 8-100 volts. (For example you can monitor volts
from two-battery systems).
• 3 amperage channels ±.01-200 amps (with 100A/100mV shunt).
± 0.1-1000 amps (with 500A/50mV or 1000A/10mV shunt). Each of
these requires a separate shunt.
• Temperature -20 to +65 degrees C.
• Amp-hour (3 channels): to ±83,000 amp-hours
• Cumulative (negative) battery amp-hours (2 channels)
• Smoothed (time filtered) amps
• Volts (2 channels): 0-100 volts
• Watts (2 channels) ±.01- 20,000 watts
• Watt-hours (2 channels) ±21,000 kilowatt hours
• Battery % full (2 channels) 0-100%
• Days since batteries charged (2 channels) .01-250 days
• Days since batteries equalized (2 channels) .01-250 days
Data logging functions.
There are 3 types of data logging functions. With the computer
interface all 3 types can be output to spreadsheet file.
1. “Periodically logged data” can record any or all of the following at
regular intervals: once per day to up to once per minute, amp-hours (3
channels), watt hours (2 channels), Temperature max/min (1 channel),
volts (1 channel), amps (1 channel)
2. “Battery discharge voltage profile” data logs volts and amps every
time charge level changes by 5% (or 10%) for 1 or 2 battery systems.
3. “Battery cycle efficiency data” documents system efficiency for up
to 2 battery systems.
|Pentametric display unit PM-100D
input unit PM-5000U
|Computer interface PM-100C