|Flexcharge NC--L-- Family of Combination Charge-Load Controllers|
Cat. No. SC20NC12L12DF
The Flexcharge NC12L12 (shown here) is the standard
controller from this family of Controllers. These controllers are
designed for the PV user who require the highest levels of system
dependability, lowest battery watering maintenance, Longest life from
flooded lead acid and gel battery technologies.
For Lead Acid GEL, AGM, and Flooded cell Batteries. Do not use on Lithium batteries of any type.
These controllers are in use around the world including the USA, Saudi
Arabian Deserts, to Antarctica With these controllers performing
dependably in those locations, you can be assured it will work for you.
As with all Flexcharge controllers The NCxxLxx Controllers are designed
using the latest proven surface mount technology components. Low
standby power consumption is achieved in these controllers with a 6mA
typical parasitic current. Each controller is tested for proper
operation prior to being placed into its shipping container.
The complexity and quantity of status indicators were intentionally
kept to a minimum on the NC12L12. The two dual color LEDs smartly show
when the batteries are being charged by the green section of the top
LED. When the controller is regulating the RED section of the top LED
shows RED. When the load is ON, the lower LED will glow Green, and when
the controller is in Low Voltage Disconnect, the lower LED will glow
The NCxxLxx use the Flexcharge Charge method described at this link for superior battery operation.
The circuitry is designed to ignore numerous types of false inputs from stray light sources.
Unlike a number of controllers on the market the NCxxLxx controllers
switch power to the Positive Side of the Load and the Battery Charging
connections. This allows the user to connect all the system
grounds to one location rather than running a separate wire for PV-,
Load- and Battery- to the controller, a feature that is required for UL
One small but convenient feature not found on competitors controllers
but is included with the NC12L12 is the Manual Low Voltage Disconnect
RESET Circuit. This function is also used to test the load circuitry
after the installation is completed, and / or when The Low Battery
Disconnect circuitry is active. To activate the RESET circuit pass a
small magnet over the RED Low Battery Symbol. The load will also
illuminate briefly indicating that the Load Circuitry and Low Battery
Voltage Disconnect circuit is functioning properly.
- Waterproof packaging.
- Works on GEL, AGM, Lead ACID and Ni-Cad Flooded cell batteries.
- Reverse polarity protected on battery wires.
- Easy to read LED indicators clearly display the controller's status.
- High efficiency charging circuitry. Insertion Loss resistance of only 0.080 Ohms on 12A Model, 0.008 Ohms on the 30A model.
- Field select for 12V or 24V operation. Shipped ready for 12V systems, simply cut a wire jumper for 24V
- Order with Load ON at Dusk, OFF at Dawn operation, Load Flashing, or Load always ON.
- Low battery voltage Load Disconnect (LVD) and automatic LVD reset at dawn (A SES Flexcharge Patented feature).
- Manual Load Test / LVD Reset magnetically operated switch located
under the load status indicator. Easily reset the LVD circuit after
installation and test the controller's load circuitry.
- Delayed Low Battery Disconnect to prevent disconnect during momentarily high load currents.
- Delayed Dawn sensing circuit to prevent load switching during
momentarily bright light levels (i.e. Lightning flashes, vehicle
- Small enclosure 3"H x 3"W x 1.5"D + mounting feet.
- Temperature Compensation.
- High current models (NC30L12, NC12L30, & NC30L30) 30 ampere charge and/or load capacities.
- Integral Digital Load Timer. Use with Dusk to Dawn Model. Starts
timer at dusk then turns the load OFF after the selected time has
elapsed. Set Run times up to 7.5 hour in 1/2; hour increments or 15
hours in or 1 hour increments, includes Dawn Override.
- Integral Load Flasher circuitry. Order flash repeat times from
0.25 sec to 10 sec with ON-Times from 0.1 sec to 5 sec. Specify
|NC12L12 Operating Characteristics |
|Parameter ||12V Selected ||24V Selected |
|Regulated Peak Charge Voltage ||14.25V ||28.50V |
|Charge Reconnect Voltage ||13.70V ||27.40V |
|PV Voltage at Dusk - Load ON ||4V ||8V |
|PV Voltage at Dawn- Load OFF ||6V ||12V |
|Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) ||10.92V ||21.84V |
|Auto LVD Reset (continuous ON mode) ||12.9V ||25.8V |
|Auto LVD Reset (Dusk to Dawn mode) ||With Charge LED ON ||With Charge LED ON |
|Controller Parasitic current |
|Charging ||5.0mA ||5.0mA |
|Standby ||2.3mA ||2.3mA |
|Load ON ||4.0mA ||4.0mA |
|LVD ||5.6mA ||5.6mA |
|Input Voltage/Current Limits (12A Model) |
|PV Voltage ||0-50V ||0-50V |
|Battery Voltage ||5-50V ||5-50V |
|Charge Current ||0-12A ||0-12A |
|Load Current ||0-12A ||0-12A |
|Fuse Rating (Max) ||15A ||15A|