|WireGard High Performance Twist-on Wire Connector, Yellow|
Cat. No. GB-10-004
WireGard High Performance Twist-on Wire Connector, Yellow #18-#10 AWG (5 mm²); 100/Crtn
WireGard twist-on wire connectors are designed for general purpose
applications requiring the connection of 2 or more copper wires.
WireGard connectors feature a straight type Polypropylene shell with
side knurling for an easy grip. The inner spring is zinc-plated to
resist corrosion and has a tight square profile to make quick secure
contact with wires and ensure connections with positive continuity.
These all purpose connectors require fewer turns to meet required
torque and meet or exceed UL pull out and dielectric test requirements.
The tough thermoplastic shell shields against environmental extremes
and resists chemical action from hydrocarbons, diluted acid or alkaline
solutions. The high-dielectric shell also features a deep skirt design
to prevent exposure of bare wire. Flame-retardant properties resist
heat distortion up to 105 C (221 F). Color coded for quick and easy
size selection. Use for: Air conditioners, ceiling fans, doorbells,
indoor lighting, switches, thermostats, ballasts, large and small
- Designed to require fewer turns to reach required torque and meet or exceed UL pull out and dielectric test requirements
- Square-wire zinc-plated spring instantly adjusts to the shape and size of the splice
- Flame-retardant properties resist heat distortion up to 105 degrees Celsius/221 degrees Fahrenheit
- High-dielectric shell features deep skirt design to prevent exposure of bare wire
- Rated at 600V max in building wire and at 1000V max in lighting, fixtures/luminaries and signs
- Copper to copper connections only