The Mobile Data Power, model MDP-25, is a DC UPS
that solves the common problem of lengthy reboot sequences, system
crash, data and hard drive corruption in mobile computer work stations
due to a low voltage and loss of power as a result of intermittent or
poor vehicle battery condition. In addition, the MDP provides a low
voltage output warning signal to terminals (such as Motorola® MW
series work stations) allowing orderly automatic shutdown of the
powered device, protecting data and preventing hard drive corruption.
Utilizing a high speed sensor circuit, when primary
vehicle voltage drops below a critical point, the internal 9AH battery
is switched on-line in milli-seconds, assuring no interruption to the
powered device(s). The MDP-25 has an internal 3 step, temperature
compensated charger that maintains its reserve battery at full charge,
ready to go on-line when a fault or degradation of primary vehicle
battery occurs. This functionality assures continued operation of
mobile computers under a variety of adverse vehicle battery conditions.
Housed in a rugged aluminum case and heavy duty
mounting plate, the unit is designed for installation in emergency
vehicles, service and other utility vehicles that require a steady
source of voltage for mobile computers, work stations, and electronics.
computers against system crash, lengthy reboot sequences, and loss of
data due to:
• Voltage dip during engine cranking
• Voltage drop and decay due to loading high power accessories, and
• Voltage loss due to cycling of master disconnect switch and battery
voltage in milli-seconds to mobile data devices when low vehicle
battery is sensed.
• Immediately augments power to electronics when needed and fully
powers electronics if critical low voltage condition persists.
filter provides clean power required by mobile electronics
• Eliminates noise and interference
• Transient protection prevents damage to sensitive circuitry due to
warning signals to mobile computers (such as Motorola® MW 800
series work stations)
• Initiates low voltage shut down sequence in mobile computer,
protecting data and hard drive.
• Alerts when system is operating on battery back-up
Internal 3 stage,
temperature compensated charger maintains back-up battery in fully
charge stand-by state.
• Provides isolated power source, 12 volts @ 5 amps for 60 minutes, 10
amps for 20 minutes, 25 amps for 8 minutes
• Battery easily accessed by front panel door
10.2V – 15.5V (start-up @ 11.5V)
Standby Current Draw: <50mA
Output: 12 VDC
Maximum Load Current: 25 amps
• Internal battery switches online when vehicle battery voltage = 10 V
± 1 V
(Vehicle battery disconnects after 3 seconds if low voltage condition
• Vehicle battery reconnects @ 11.5 V ± 1 V
• Internal Battery Low Voltage Disconnect: < 9.6 V
• 9 AH, sealed Lead Acid – typical life 5 years, easily replaced via
front panel access door.
• Power delivery @ > 10.2 volts @ 25°C
• 5 amps @ 60 minutes
• 10 amps @ 20 minutes
• 25 amps @ 8 minutes
Output Signals for
terminals (such as Motorola® 800 series work stations):
• When imminent Voltage decay to 11.5 VDC is projected (adjustable set
• On Charge/Discharge
• Charge Current: 2 amps max., three-stage
(Bulk, Absorption, Float)
• Temperature Compensated
Operating 0 – 50° C
• Aluminum case with access door for easy removal of battery
• Heavy duty mounting suitable for commercial vehicle use
• Size: 5.75” H x 6” W x 8.5” D; (14.6 x 15.24 x 21.59 cm)
• Weight: 9.4 lbs.
• Remote LED indicator panel
• Power OK
• Operating on Back-Up