Cat. No. DSP-02015
Solar Slowpump was the world’s
first commercially available
power solar pump. It was developed by Windy Dankoff in 1983, in
response to those who said “that’s impossible”. Thousands of Slowpumps
have been installed worldwide by ranchers, homeowners, missionaries,
health workers, government agencies, etc. Some of our oldest Slowpumps
are still in daily service.
Slowpump is not submersible, but can
draw water from shallow wells, springs, cisterns, tanks, ponds, rivers,
and streams, and push it as high as 450 vertical feet and through miles
(kilometers) of pipeline. Slow pumping minimizes the size and cost of
the solar array, wire and piping.
Slowpump is less expensive
than submersible DC pumps, and made in a much wider range of sizes.
Wearing parts typically last 5 to 10 years. Overall life expectancy is
15 to 20 years..
- Construction & Features
- Rotary vane mechanism (positive displacement) made of
forged brass, carbon-graphite and stainless steel
- NSF® approved for drinking water
- Handles sea water, dissolved minerals
- Survives most freezes
- Permanent magnet, DC motor
- AC models use a low-surge PM motor that greatly reduces
starting surges, inverter and wire size requirements
- Installation and Service Manual is highly detailed and