The PV7D (for Dual and Single battery banks) is a cost
effective shunting regulator designed for smaller 12V Solar Only
applications with a maximum solar charging current of 7A. Special order
6V or 24V units. These controllers are easily expandable to
handle charging currents from 35 to 500A. We have engineered
these controllers to be extremely efficient, accurate, salt water spray
resistant, and very small (1.5" x 2"). It is Ideal for use in a
marine environment. Use with Lead Acid AGM or Gel battery
technologies. Like the NC25A they also use only 4mA to operate
the circuitry. The PV7D controllers are not to be used with
outboard motors or any generator based charging system. For
Lead Acid GEL, AGM, and Flooded cell Batteries. Do not use on Lithium
batteries of any type
The PV7D are a all solid state design using the highest efficiency
components. No heat sink is required on the PV7 because almost no heat
that is generated in the high efficiency solid state components.
We took great care to design the PV7D for long term unattended
operation; extensive transient voltage protection; high steady
state voltage protection (it is not affected by continuous charging
input voltages up to 33V, the point where the transient voltage
protection kicks in); fully sealed electronics for 100% humidity
operation; etc... The PV7D is designed for Install and Forget
Simple to Use
The PV7D includes an easy to read Charge Indicator. The peak
charge voltage is factory set so there are no user adjustments to
contend with working with all lead acid battery types. System
wire connections are made by connecting to the controllers four wire
pigtails, either by soldering or on a owner supplied terminal strip.
Upgrading the controller to regulate many hundreds amperes can be
accomplished easily and is relatively inexpensive. Contact
Flexcharge for details.
- Cost Effective charge controller for Photovoltaic charging sources.
- Reverse polarity protected (Must have Fuse installed)
- Precision Auto assembled using proven Surface Mount Technology
- Hermetically sealed / potted electronics for use in high humidity and salt air environments.
- High efficiency components allows packaging in a very small enclosure.
- Safely Micro Equalizes Wet Cell Lead Acid and Sealed Gel battery
technologies using the Energy State Taper Charge Process.
Charging Algorithm Explained
- Expands easily into a high amperage controller. Up to 500A
charging capacity with a charging efficiency increase to 99.95%.
- All Solid State Design for extra long life and dependability.
- Factory Calibrated for charging lead acid Flooded cell, AGM, and GEL battery technologies. No user adjustments.
- Full 2 year repair or replacement warranty.
- Charging Indicator displays when the controller is passing charging current to the battery.
- Controller's circuitry eliminates back flow of current into solar panels during non charging periods.
| ||12V Units ||24V Units (special order) |
|Parameter ||MIN. ||TYP. ||MAX. ||MIN. ||TYP. ||MAX. |
|INPUT VOLTAGE (BAT or PV) ||0V ||- ||30V ||0V ||- ||50V |
|PROGRAMMED OVERSHOOT VOLTAGE (MICRO - EQUALIZATION) ||- ||- ||16.3V ||- ||- ||32.6V |
|CHARGING CURRENT ||4mA ||- ||7A ||4mA ||- ||7A |
|CONTROLLER STANDBY CURRENT (NIGHT) ||2mA ||2.6mA ||3mA ||2mA ||2.6mA ||3Ma |
|CONTROLLER STANDBY CURRENT (Charging) ||4mA ||5mA ||6mA ||4mA ||5mA ||6mA |
|CHARGE DISCONNECT VOLTAGE (Regulation Voltage) ||14.20 ||14.25V ||14.30V ||28.40V ||28.50V ||28.60V |
|CHARGE RECONNECT VOLTAGE ||13.50V ||13.60V ||13.70V ||27.00V ||27.20V ||27.40V |
|VOLTAGE DROP ACROSS CONTROLLER ||0.2V ||0.4V ||0.56V ||0.2V ||0.4V ||0.56V |
|TRANSIENT SURGE SUPPRESSION ||- ||- ||600W ||- ||- ||600W |
|HUMIDITY ||5% ||60% ||100% ||5% ||60% ||100% |
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE ||-40°C ||25°C ||60°C ||-40°C ||25°C ||60°C |
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) ||- ||- ||30 Years ||- ||- ||30 Years |
|CASE SIZE ||H=1.25" W=1.5" L=3.0" |